To have someone anointed please contact the parish office.
Anointing of the Sick is a sacrament which is given to those who are ill. The Sacrament prepares a person spiritually for the troubles of sickness, as the Sacrament of marriage prepares people to enter into the state of marriage by granting graces needed for spiritual growth. The particular graces granted are:
- the uniting of the sick person to the passion of Christ, for his own good and that of the whole Church;
- the strengthening, peace, and courage to endure in a Christian manner the sufferings of illness or old age;
- the forgiveness of sins, if the sick person was not able to obtain it through the sacrament of penance;
- the restoration of health, if it is conducive to the salvation of his soul;
- the preparation for passing over to eternal life
James 5:14 reads “Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.”